Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Monitors, Festivals and All-Stars.... oh my!


I feel so much has been going on and not enough has ended up on this blog, so I thought I would do a quick "catch up" post.

Monitor at local library

 1.) If you're local, the library is now featuring Be The Gold on the welcome monitor. I really like this idea of having a Be The Gold ad on public advertising monitors. There are so many out there, this might be a great way to reach more people. If you have a monitor in your place of work or community or in a high-traffic area you know of, please let me know in the comments or use the contact form on the website.



BE THE GOLD was at Celebrate Youth

2.) Be The Gold was at "Celebrate Youth" yesterday. It was a blast! For those of you not close by, "Celebrate Youth" is a big event setup and run by the school district. It is a last-day-of-summer celebration given the day before school starts. It is an all-day festival with free carnival games and activities, free prizes, free food, free everything. It attracts a lot of people and they estimated about 20k people showed up to partake of the fun. Each carnival booth is "sponsored" by a local business or group, but because the cost of the event is covered by the school district, the only thing supplied by the business or groups to sponsor is man-power in the form of volunteers. I was lucky enough to know several awesome young women that agreed to help me out at the event. They did an amazing job! I couldn't ask for better helpers!



Experimenting with new All-Star app tab

3.) I am experimenting with a new "All-Stars" app tab on the Facebook page. It gives points to Be The Gold Facebook fans for each like, share and comment. Basically, it recognizes the top Facebook participants. The more you like, share and comment, the more you are helping spread the word. FYI, Facebook fan pages, gather a lot of data such as "Fan Reach" and even ranks each Be The Gold status and picture I post with its "Virality". Each time you like, share and comment on a status or picture, the "Virality" of that post goes up as well as Be The Gold's overall "Fan Reach". I am not too familiar with this app and not entirely sure I will keep it. It depends on the Facebook fan's response to it. So let me know what you think.


More updates to coming soon. We are revving up for September as it is Childhood Cancer Awareness month. There are plenty of fun and exciting things in store!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...